Thursday, March 19, 2009

Deer, mouthwash and shampoo

Last night, I had a great 9+ mile run home from work. On the way, I saw 16 deer grazing in various fields, a sure sign that winter is heading towards its close. I ran at the same speed I ran on Monday, but ran a little bit longer last night.

This morning, I lifted at the gym. I got a late start because no one seemed to have the keys to the gym. So, I hurried through my workout and then hit the shower. I headed to the shower with a towel and a bottle of shampoo. After soaking my hair, I poured the shampoo onto my head, but it smelled pretty funny. Suddenly, I realized I was trying to wash my hair with mouthwash. At least my hair doesn't have bad breath right now.

It's been a fun week - deliberately doing only one workout per day instead of trying to train before and after work. Daylight savings time and nice weather make that much easier than it's been all winter. I haven't been on a treadmill for a few weeks right now.

Tomorrow morning, I'm taking half a day off work to run about 22 or so miles. I'll get started about 7:00 a.m. and I should get to the office in time for lunch (and some work, I suppose).

After that, it's skiing all weekend. With two weekends of teaching left, the season is really winding down, even though there's still a lot of snow on the hill.

No comments: