Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Easy runs

I ran an easy 5 after work last night. Another 5.5 this morning. I'm still feeling Sunday's race in my legs, but part of marathon training is running when you're tired so you're ready to do that on race day. I was probably even more tired this morning because I stayed up late to watch the debate last night, and then got up at 5:30 to get ready for work and my run.

It was cold when I ran this morning - sub-30F for the first time this year. We're starting to see frost on a more regular basis and we've had a few fires in the wood stove recently. We could see snow flurries at lower elevations any time now, although the forecast for the next week or so looks pretty nice.

In 10 days, I'll do my last long run before my marathon and then start my taper. I still have 4 key workouts remaining - two long runs and two iterations of 10 x 800 meters. In addition, I'll do a number of marathon pace workouts even after I start my taper.

No comments: