Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weights this morning


I did a leg day this morning - well, mostly legs - in the gym.

Squats
Deadlifts
Romanian Deadlifts
Step-ups
Kettlebell swings
Core work

I believe I said just last week that I wasn't going to work out twice a day any more until the marathon. To quote a Johnny Cash song, "I think I told a lie". I'm planning an easy run tonight and I might run twice tomorrow. The lack of daylight in the morning and in the evening is making it tough to do a longer midweek run, so I'll probably split my 12 miles tomorrow into two runs.

Overall, my legs felt pretty good this morning after the race on Sunday and a rest day yesterday. I also got to bed really early last night and getting up at 5:30 this morning was easier than it has been recently.

We had our first hard frost this morning, but the mountain where I teach skiing saw a preview of winter late last week.

I have my first meeting of the season to start getting ready for skiing on the 25th of this month. Winter's coming.

1 comment:

Speed Racer said...

Ooooh! Purdy picture!

Sitting still is a bitch. Run till you can run no more, that's what I say!