Friday, May 23, 2008

Tired

After feeling great on Wednesday, yesterday was just the opposite. I wonder if the time I spent in the sauna after my run on Wednesday night dehydrated me enough to slow down my recovery from one day to the next.

I ran an easy effort 8 miler yesterday after work, finishing in 77 minutes. The course is an out and back, with one mile all downhill to start, 6 mostly flat miles, and then a tough uphill mile to finish. I was just beat by the time I got back to my office. The last time I ran this course, I was 90 seconds faster, but I felt like I worked a little bit that day.

We had a late meeting at work after my run, and I didn't get home until after 8:00.

When I got home, I went to my bedroom to read and I was asleep before 9:00. I was planning on doing a bodyweight "lifting" routine this morning, but I decided to sleep in instead. With 20 miles tomorrow and a 50K on Sunday, rest seemed like a good idea.

I'm not looking forward to getting up at 2:30 to drive to Maine on Sunday morning, but the campgrounds and hotels near the race are all full. Perhaps I'll drive over on Saturday night and just sleep in my car.

The weather for the holiday weekend looks pretty awesome, so I'll be running and doing work on the house - outside all weekend. If I'm still moving OK on Monday, my wife and I might get out climbing for the first time this year.

No comments: