Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Easy run last night, some intervals tonight

Last night, it was cool and blustery. I ran in a long sleeve shirt and wearing a wind vest. I took each of my 2 lazy dogs for a 2 mile run, giving me 4 total. Because I just wanted to stretch my legs a bit, I let the dogs stop and sniff and dig and eat grass and whatever else they wanted to do.

I was surprised when I couldn't keep my eyes open at 8:30 last night and I slept in until 6:30 this morning. I'm almost done reading a book about a 1967 climbing accident on Denali, named "Forever on the Mountain", but I couldn't stay awake to finish it. The next book in my stack is "The Bunion Derby", about a trans-continental footrace, held in the late 1920s, I believe.

Tonight, I'll run home from work, about 8 total miles, with some short intervals along the way. I'm planning to do 6 x 90 seconds with 3 minutes recovery on the way home.

Tomorrow will be weight work and an easy 4 miler. Friday, I'll repeat today's run, although I'll do it in the downhill direction on Friday.

3 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Looks like you're recovering well. That's one of the things I like post-ultra, the nice sleep within a few days afterwards.

Damon said...

Ever since the weekend at MMT, when I went 5 straight nights without a normal night of sleep, I've been sleepy all the time.

This Monday, I slept in until 7:30 a.m. and I was still asleep by 9:00 that night.

I just don't fight it any more. If my body tells me it needs sleep, I go to sleep.

David Ray said...

I'm envious of the "run home from work". Gas isn't getting any cheaper.