Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Same old, same old...

I lifted last night as planned. I felt pretty good, even on deadlifts and lunges. My legs aren't sore at all from Sunday's run/hike.

This morning, I did an easy but hilly 5 miler before work. Again, I was amazed at how good my legs felt. Tonight, I'll run home after work for a total of just over 11 miles for the day.

Sleep, train, eat, work, train, eat, repeat. That's my life right now. But, I'm very happy with my fitness level, which makes it fun to run every time out.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to organize my last couple weekends before I start my taper in June. I might run the Nipmuck marathon on 6/1 or maybe the Whiteface Mountain hill climb that same day. If I do the latter, I'll also run back down the mountain, like I always do when I race there. That would be a 17 mile day with about 70-80 minutes of high intensity work.

After a long (planned) string of good training weekends, I'm thinking about a 4 week taper for WS rather than my normal 3 week taper. I still need to figure out if I'm going to train hard or not on 6/7 or 6/8. I have an option for a 30 mile day with friends on 6/7, but I'm thinking I don't want to do a tough 30 miler 3 weeks from WS. But, when I ran Hardrock in 2004, I trained relatively hard until 10 days before the race and that worked well for me, so I'm still not sure which way to go.

No comments: