Friday, January 13, 2012

Time for a rest day

Here is how the first 12 days of the year have gone so far:

Ski
CrossFit
Rest
CrossFit
Row
CrossFit
Ski
Ski
Row
CrossFit
CrossFit
CrossFit

I feel like I'm on a roll and I've been happy with my CF workouts this week. But, I'm also a bit tired. Last night, we started with 5x5 of power cleans. This lift, at heavier weights, aggravated my rib and shoulder. In the last set, I managed to pull 3 cleans (of my 5 attempts) at my current PR of 165#. So, I should easily be able to clean 175# or more with the correct warm-up.

Then, our main workout was as follows:

1000 meter row
50 deadlifts (135#)
50 wall balls (14#)
50 kettlebell swings (35#)

It took me just over 14 minutes to get through this workout and I was pretty happy with the workout. But I didn't sleep well last night, mostly due to my ribs and shoulder being unhappy.

So, while I feel like I'm on a roll of some sorts, it's time for a rest day. Plus, we've gotten a decent amount of snow at the mountain this week and some new advanced terrain is open. If the girls in my group can handle the cold weather, we'll be skiing some really nice advanced terrain all weekend.

No comments: