Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just lost

I miss my dog.

Work is pretty intense right now.

My workouts are very intermittent. I lifted yesterday, I ran last Saturday, and that's it for the last week.

My commute is wearing on me.

I recently calculated that despite the hours I work for my start-up company, I'm only making 93% of the real income I was making when our previous President took office. I also get way fewer benefits and work in a company with way less stability, but I have way more work and responsibility, not to mention ten extra years of experience.

Other things are also wearing on me - things I'm not going to write about here.

I have front row seats for a dream rock concert on Sunday, and even today, that isn't thrilling me.

Maybe it's the rain outside today, but I'm just not feeling anything but apathy lately.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

I went through a brutal period about a year ago (personal issues) but things eventually got better.

Hang in there.

Laurel said...

Sometimes things just start to pile up and that's bound to wear on you. Greiving a dog is just like grieving a family member, so that alone is a big contributer to how you're feeling. You'll work through it with time.

Damon said...

Thanks for the comments guys. I was going to delete this post this morning because it was so whiny, but now that people commented, I'll leave it there.

After a good night's sleep, I'm feeling a lot better today and looking forward to my lifting this afternoon.