Friday, September 3, 2010

Busy Days Again

On Wednesday, I was too beat up to run.

Last night, I took my son to a concert (Weezer, who I wanted to see, and Coheed and Cambria, who he wanted to see). The Weezer show was excellent, albeit kind of short. My son assured me that C&C were great as well.

We got home at midnight. No workout. No good excuse for not working out in the morning either.

Tonight I'll do lower body lifts after work - squats, lunges and deadlifts. Tomorrow morning, I'll do a short running sprint workout.

And then, at noon tomorrow, Penn State's football season starts, with a true freshman at QB. Tomorrow's opponent isn't really strong (but upsets can happen!). But, next week, Penn State travels to the defending national champions - the University of Alabama. I'm expecting an ugly outcome from that game, given the state of Penn State's offensive depth, especially on the line, and a freshman QB who is likely to get rattled.

Sometime this weekend, if it doesn't rain all weekend, my wife wants to go rock climbing. And, after we get some rain, I'd like to do some fly fishing.

And, I'll probably end up working some this weekend.

I'm hoping to take advantage of the rain in the forecast to get back to practicing my guitar.

Working five days this week has been exhausting after taking a lot of vacation time in the previous five weeks.

No comments: