Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vacation

Today is the last day of my vacation. I have managed to run a few times, but mostly I've just relaxed and enjoyed great food and wine with many friends. The list of amazing wines that I've had over the past two weeks would put many restaurant wine lists to shame. I have only eaten two dinners in restaurants and everything else has been at the homes of friends.

Tonight, I catch a red-eye from SFO and by tomorrow afternoon I'll be back home in Vermont. After all of the heat in CA, it will be nice to be home for cooler temps in VT.

This coming weekend, my wife and I are running on a 100 mile relay team (6 runners), which should be a lot of fun. After that race, we only have six or so weeks until the Maine Track Club 50K, which will be my wife's first ever ultra. It will also hopefully be the race where I extend a 25 year streak of running at least one marathon or ultra (usually way more than one) per year. If I don't finish that race, the streak might end this year.

No comments: