Friday, August 6, 2010

"Race" report

Berlin Pond 5 miler:

2005: 39:29 a few weeks after a 93 mile DNF at Western States
2008: 36:29 while training for a marathon, shortly after Western States was cancelled due to fires

2010: 52:43!

No, that is not a typo. I'm just in horrible running shape right now. Compared to 2008, I'm fatter, my injury status is worse, my mileage is lower, and oh yeah, it was hot and humid last night. And, I'd done a 5 hour hike/run the previous Saturday.

But, this was a new low for me.

So far, I've only raced twice this year. One was a DNF (timed out) and the other was the slowest time I've ever done for a particular distance.

This weekend, I'm planning some running, hiking and lifting and maybe some fly fishing. I'd rather just lay on my couch and drink beer, but that's not going to improve my race times.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Been there, done that. It takes a while to come back, especially as one...yes...gets older.