Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back in the gym

Before yesterday, it had been just over three weeks since I'd lifted. I think it's good to take a break from the gym every once in a while, although I hate my first couple sessions back, when I'm weaker than I was before, and I end up sore from workouts.

Because my legs are still sore from the relay on Saturday, I did all upper body work:

Warm-up
Bench Press: 5x5 at a higher weight and 2x10 at lower weights
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 3x10
Sitting Incline DB Press: 3x10
3 Point DB Rows: 3x10
Bicep Curls: 3x10
Skull Crushers: 3x10

My upper body is sore today and my legs are also still a bit sore. I'm going to do a short easy run in the heat after work today, and then lift again tomorrow.

I was hoping to run a 50K with my wife in October, but it looks like she has a scheduling conflict. So we are trying to find another long race for this fall.

No comments: