Friday, June 4, 2010

Tough week

I'm mostly still busy with work. The system is working pretty well, but it needs some hand holding still. Lots of checking and re-checking of data this week. Somehow, workouts have been tough to come by this week. Monday, I spent a couple hours mowing. Tuesday, I'm not even sure what happened; the week has been a blur. Wednesday, I worked late. Thursday, I had to pick up my new stove and get things set up so it can be installed today. And, we took my wife's parents out for a 49th anniversary dinner, which was nice. Next year, they have their 50th and it will be 25 years for my wife and me. We are already planning to have a few nice meals with some great wines next summer to celebrate those anniversaries.

Today, things seem to be calming down at work. Some system issues are slowly being resolved.

I need to mow again tonight. Maybe I can lift and mow, if I time things right.

My kitchen should be functional again and I can hopefully cook a meal at home.

Tomorrow, I'll work out in the morning, before I head to Boston for a concert. My wife is staying home because she's running a half marathon on Sunday morning. I'll meet her at the race finish and then take her somewhere nice for lunch to celebrate her birthday. Then, if I'm lucky, I'll get in my own workout.

I used to believe that people who said they didn't have time for workouts were just making excuses. I'm not so sure any more.

Next week, I start doing hikes in the mountains once or twice a week. Until I get my legs strong in the mountains, I don't think I want to do any long road runs.

1 comment:

Fat Charlie the Archangel said...

People who say that they don't have time for workouts mean that they have other things that they would rather do.

That's not changed. The only thing this post indicates is that - just possibly - you're becoming one of them :)