Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fun Run

Yesterday, for the first time in a long time, I had a run that I would actually say was fun. Given my current level of fitness and my elevated weight and various aches and pains, running has simply been no fun at all for me recently. Because I rarely enjoy a run, it makes me want to run even less.

I've been in this running "death spiral" for too long.

But last night, the weather was cool and I simply enjoyed the run - a slow 6+ miler. I don't know what was different. I was still slow and I walked two minutes every mile or so. My knee and hip and hamstring weren't bothering me. It was nice to not have the humidity of recent days. Lake Champlain was calm and beautiful. I certainly need more runs like that.

If the weather holds, I'm going to run again tonight. It's looking like we might dodge the storms today, so I'll try to get out there.

Friday, I see the chiropractor and Tuesday, I have a physical. Between those two visits, I should have a better plan for what to do about my knee and the constant clicking when I extend my leg.

And, I'm taking a long weekend off work this weekend. I'll probably check in on our work system remotely, but I'm actually taking some time off. Given the weather forecast, I'm hoping the weekend includes some hiking, running, cycling, and some relaxing evenings with my wife's family.

No comments: