Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Monday workout - Deadlift PR!

Maybe I should take a week off more often. Last night, my workout started with deadlifts. My deadlift PR when I started the night was 335. Here are my deadlift sets from last night, with a 3 minute break between each set:

Warm-up (135 and 225)
6 x 245
1 x 315
6 x 265
1 x 345 (PR!)
1 x 355 (PR!)
12 x 225
18 x 185

Then, I did the rest of my workout. I'm tired today.

When I got up this morning, my plan was an easy five mile run tonight. But, given our weather, I'm leaning towards an upper body lifting workout instead. I'll see how the wind and snow change by the end of the work day.

We are supposed to get our first real snowstorm of the season tomorrow. It's the same storm that's already hit a lot of the rest of the country, and it looks like I'll be using the snowblower tomorrow night for the first time this year. My commute to work today was a bit slow and slippery.

2 comments:

injuredrunner said...

I agree, running when it's cold out is really tough on the lungs. I have a hard time motivating myself to run when the temperatures start dropping.
I noticed in your previous post you talked about your hamstrings hurting. I just recently wrote about tips on inflamed hamstrings. You should check it out.
Let me know what you do for your hamstrings.

http://injuredrunner.com/blog/hamstrings-cramping-your-style/

David Ray said...

Congrats on the PRs! Sounds like the rest was a good thing. I'm thinking you're getting your mojo back.