Wednesday, March 11, 2015

50 States of CrossFit

Marathon runners do it.  There are many marathon runners who try to run a marathon in all 50 states.  I've run a lot of marathons, but not in anywhere close to all 50 states.  I've probably run close to 50 marathons in CA alone.  I've also run them in AK, PA, MA, ME, VT, NY, and possibly a few other states.  If you count ultras, you can add CO, UT, CT, Ontario (not a state), MD, NH, AZ, VA, and NV to the list.  But, these days I do very little running and a lot more CrossFit.

Yesterday, I had a great workout at CrossFit 13 Stars in Morristown, NJ.  I started the day with 2 PRs, both in the same lift.  After a warm-up and progression, I did a front squat at 295 (vs. a previous best of 285) and I followed that up with a 305.  I probably could have done 315 or maybe 325, if I'd had the time.

I was thinking later about the place were I've done CrossFit - nowhere close to 50 states:

VT - My home gym is Champlain Valley CrossFit
NY - CrossFit Hell's Kitchen
NH - CrossFit Upper Valley Underground
CA - CrossFit Potrero Hill
NC - Raleigh CrossFit
PA - CrossFit Hanover and CrossFit Shadyside
MA - Crossfit Boston and CrossFit Fenway
NJ - CrossFit 13 Stars

That's only 8 states and 10 boxes.

A quick search of the web reveals that a number of people have done CrossFit in all 50 states.

It sounds like I have a lot of work to do.

No comments: