Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Getting back to the "old" normal?

Lots of little things are going on these days.  These are the kinds of things that I don't necessarily think about all the time.  They are also the kinds of things that get preempted when your life gets turned upside-down.

Last night, I was home by myself.  I skipped the day in the gym so my wife could go to her monthly "girls night out" night, after missing it for the previous 4 months, due to health reasons.  She had a lot of fun.  I sat at home and listened to music and tied flies.

Today, I spent an hour in the DMV getting the new Real ID license.  This had been a mess as the DMV lied to me a couple weeks ago, sent me to the social security office, who then pointed out that the DMV was wrong.  My license is fixed.  In the past 18 months, I've had no time in my life to get mad at the DMV.  Next, I take my battle back to the social security office.  And then a new passport.

I gave blood yesterday.  I was banned from giving blood for a year after my last cancer treatment.  My hematocrit levels were high enough that they suggested a double red cell donation next time.

My wife is done with radiation.  Her face still looks badly sunburned, but it's recovering bit by bit.  She is hoping to get to CrossFit and Sugarbush this week.

We are planning a trip to Pittsburgh later this spring, partly to see a hockey game and partly to just get away by ourselves for a while.

The super-cold temperatures have disappeared for at least a little bit, although it was very cold this morning.  Skiing this weekend should include more new snow and tolerable temperatures.

Trout season is just over 7 weeks away.  I tied some flies yesterday and ordered some more online.  I have 5 more weekends of ski instruction, and then March and April will be mixed weekends of fishing and skiing.

Now, if only my company could get a couple new contracts...

No comments: