Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Run" this morning

I have to admit I wasn't really looking forward to running this morning, after yesterday's weights. I got to the gym and reached in my bag for my running shoes and they weren't there. I keep a pair of racing flats at the gym that I use for lifting, but they're way too beat up to run in them any more.

So, I used the flats and did an upper body lifting session and then 15 minutes of interval training on the stair climber. I have to admit that I was happy to lift rather than run.

I seem to really like this lifting stuff and most days right now, I'd rather lift than run.

Tonight, after a committee meeting, I'll run for an hour. Tomorrow, I'll run twice for an hour each time. And then, I won't run until at least Christmas day, and next Thursday is more likely.

It looks like our nice snow from last night and today (and last weekend) is going to get messed up by some rain on Sunday. I don't mind skiing on rainy days; the snow can be great. But, the day after rain can be really tough (icy) skiing.

Nothing else too exciting. I'm trying to somehow avoid the huge quantity of sugar-loaded treats making their way through the office right now.

No comments: