Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Over the Line Smokey; Mark It Zero

I'm exhausted.  There is no other way to describe it.  I did the CrossFit Open workout on Friday night.  It was only a 13 minute workout, but I went hard.  Lots of deadlifts and wall balls were part of the workout, and my back is still a bit torched.

On Saturday, I skied harder than I have all year, leading a group of hard charging 8 year olds all day.  After a warm-up run on easy terrain, every run we did was in the trees or on steep bumps.  My calves are still sore.

Sunday was a rest day.  We took my daughter back to Syracuse after her spring break.  I drove some, napped some, and I wish I'd napped more.

Last night, I did CrossFit again.  This was a simple workout - 9 sets of squats followed by 10 x 30 seconds of burpees.  And, today, I've just got nothing.

I simply ache deep in my muscles, in my bones, and all I want to do is sleep.  Yet, somewhere in the back of my brain, I keep hearing a voice telling me to do CrossFit again tonight.  I think I'm strong enough to ignore that voice though.

I want to pick up my wife after work, nap on the way home, eat some dinner and go to bed.  I honestly hate to admit that.  But, it's the way things go sometimes.  I am not in control here, and it's easy to imagine making myself sick by pushing too hard.

So, tonight, I'm gonna take a zero, and hope I feel better tomorrow.

No comments: