Thursday, July 30, 2015

One cause ruled out

I do not have celiac disease.  I had no transglutaminase anti-bodies in my blood.

I had my iron infusion this morning.  I hope to be feeling better soon.

I still have to have a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy with a biopsy of the small intestine/duodenum.

I will have another iron infusion in 2 weeks and my blood will be re-tested after that.

The doctor said we may never find the exact cause, and perhaps my double-red blood cell donation in late April was the trigger for all of this.

He expects that I will be under his care for a year or so.  It will take that long to get to a stable place and monitor my iron stability for a while.

And, we may still find a cause somewhere.  He said if we find a cause, it will probably be the duodenum biopsy that gives us the answer.

I just want to get back to working out.  The best news of the day was that my hemoglobin has improved from 9.3 to 10.  This is probably just enough of a change that I was able to work out a little bit last night.  I'm looking forward to a normal level again, but any improvement is nice to see.

No comments: