Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Once again, nothing to write about

It's been 8 days since I had any thoughts I thought were worth posting.  I was going to write something yesterday, but realized I had nothing to say.

"When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
Say something once, why say it again?"

from Psycho Killer by Talking Heads

Last week, I did a lot of CrossFit.  Said that before.

This past weekend, I didn't do much of anything - farmers market, college football, cook, nap, mow the lawn, watch some episodes of Breaking Bad.  Said that before.

Last night at CrossFit - front squat PR of 235#, and I did two reps.  My old PR was 225#, probably from 18 months ago.  If I was more flexible in the correct places, I could probably do 275# or so.  I've read on the interweb, so it must be correct, that a typical front squat max is about 80% of your back squat max.  That would put me at 268#, so maybe 275 is a stretch.

We are now in our 9th week of a 12 week squat cycle.  I'm guessing that I will improve my back squat to about 350# or so by the end of the cycle.  I made that comment to my wife, and she asked me if I thought I would be able to do the same without the testosterone injections.  It would have been nice to say yes, but I doubt that it would have been true.

My wife is still unemployed.  We are still uninsured.  Said that before.

However, my wife has 3 interviews today, and another later this week.  Maybe something will change for the better on that front.

Next week, I'm taking a week of vacation.  I'm going to stay in Vermont, go fly fishing, go to CrossFit, go to the farmers market, do some cooking, hang out with my family, and that's about it.  I think I said that before as well.

No comments: