Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Quick Update

Round 4 of chemo started mid-afternoon today. I managed to get a lot of work done at the hospital, and I feel OK so far.

But, after some whining in my last two posts, I got a good surprise in my workout last night.   We did Olympic lifting to start and my lifts went pretty well.

We started with 10x1 snatches. I did power snatches for shoulder mobility reasons. I started at only 63 pounds, but I worked up to 103 pounds. This is about 75% of my one rep max.

Next, I did 10 power cleans/push jerks. I worked from 83 pounds up to 143. That heaviest lift is 74% of my one rep max. The Oly lifts are more about technique than pure strength, and I was surprised to get that high of a percentage with these lifts.

On the power lifts, I'm currently maxing out in the 50%-55% range.

I looked at my training logs and the last time I did either of these lifts that heavy was 2/20/2015.  At that point in time, I felt fully healthy.

The second part of the workout was 10 ball slams, 10 sit-ups, and 10 burpees for max reps in 10 minutes. I struggled a bit on this, but I was happy enough with the Oly lifts that I'm not going to worry about it.

Time for bed.