Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Continuing to do some training

I've missed the last couple days of training, but I had a decent week last week.

On Monday, I rowed 6000 meters - 1000 meters more than my rowing sessions last week. Tuesday, I went for a brisk 3 mile walk while my wife did CrossFit.

Wednesday was a rest day for my wife.  Thursday, I walked a bit at lunch and then I rowed 6000 meters, and and then did some dumbbell floor presses and some box step-ups.  Both of those weight-bearing movements could be done without bothering my still-sore abdomen and rib cartilage.

Friday, I spent 35 minutes on a spinning bike, doing 15x30 seconds hard ever 2 minutes.  Then, 5x10 back squats with just an empty 45 pound barbell.  I realized that with the empty barbell, I was moving the same amount of weight that I would have moved in a body-weight squat in April.  And, it was really hard.  Days later, I'm still sore from those squats.

Somehow, the last 3 days got away from me, and I did no training at all.  Saturday, I had pre-season ski instructor orientation at Sugarbush.  After that, I went fly fishing for a few hours and then out to dinner with my family.

Sunday, we had a birthday party for my niece and nephew and we had to get some groceries, and the day was gone before I realized it.  I'd hoped to walk the dogs but it never happened.

Yesterday, my wife and I drove to Albany to see Joe Jackson in concert.  We are operating on very little sleep today, and there was no way to squeeze in any exercise at all.  So, for the next three days, we need to be working hard at the gym.  It's going to be a challenge to get my wife to go to the gym tonight, but I really need to go.

Next week, I plan to resume the actual CF classes, and I'd like to continue some easy movements this week, to minimize muscle soreness in the coming weeks.

No comments: