Friday, May 11, 2012

Time just flies

Last week, I went to 4 CF sessions - Tuesday through Friday.  Over the weekend, I went fishing with my son a couple times, but I didn't to any formal exercise.  I did finally catch my first trout of the season last Sunday evening.

This week, I've been swamped at work, but I made it to CF four times again - Monday through Thursday this time.  Today is a much needed rest day.  I did a fair amount of work with my shoulder this week, although I kept the weight fairly low.  But, I've been happy with how the shoulder is progressing overall.

I'm leaving on vacation with my son tomorrow.  We are headed to PA for a week of fly fishing for trout.  We are going to fish some pretty famous streams, and on two days, we'll fish with a guide.  I've been looking forward to this trip for quite a while and I hope my son feels the same way.

We will fish the stream I fished as a teenager - Codorus Creek.  We will fish the well known Yellow Breeches. A float trip on the upper Delaware.  A day on the Loyalsock in Sullivan County.  Penn's Creek east of State College.  And the Upper Juniata west of State College.

Sometimes, I'm really glad that I'm not investing 6 hours per day on my weekends with running these days.  I wish I was in better running shape, but the lack of running focus is allowing me more time to hang out with my family - a very nice trade-off.

Tune in next week for fish pictures!


Oh yeah, here is a native brook trout that I caught last Sunday.

No comments: