Friday, November 18, 2011

Skiing soon?

The snowmaking guns are on at Sugarbush!

I'm excited to see some good friends from college this weekend, and looking forward to cooking with my good friend Bob. He and I are doing a multi-course dinner for our wives (plus my two children and one other girl who is visiting for the weekend) and it should be a lot of fun. I've got 4 different courses from a pair of ducks (pate, duck breast prosciutto, confit, and seared duck breast) plus sweetbreads and beef carpaccio on my list of courses, along with some local cheeses. Bob will add a soup, a salad, and a dessert. They will be tiny courses but a lot of fun. I've put an incredible amount of time into a few courses that will be over in a bite or two.

After this meal, cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 14 people next week will be a breeze.

Thankfully, I seem to be getting over my cold just in time for this dinner. Right now, it's been 8 days since my last workout and I'm not quite ready to return to the gym. Hopefully, I'll be at CrossFit on Monday, ready to go. Before this cold, I had gone no more than 5 days with no workouts earlier in the year. I'm guessing that CrossFit will be tough for a week or two, given that the explosive strength/lactate threshold fitness is the first to disappear when you take a break.

Did I mention that the snow guns are on? If all goes well, I'll be wearing ski boots one week from today.

No comments: