Thursday, August 22, 2013

I need to catch up, but...

My (previously injured) back is fine.  I had some good workouts late last week.

Then, I went to Boston for a few days with my wife and we met up with some college friends for part of the trip.

We had a nice lunch with my niece and her fiance.

We ate a world class meal at L'Espalier, which I'll detail later.  We found a couple little gems in Boston - food and drinks - and I'll mention them later as well.

We saw a really good concert (Adam Ant) that I'll write about later.

We had some waiters in Boston's Chinatown deliberately try to rip us off, which was infuriating.  I won't bother to write about that unpleasant experience.  The food sucked there anyway, to be honest.

And, we had a really nice lunch by the ocean in Gloucester, MA before we came home.

Regretfully, that meal, which included a variety of raw and cooked seafood, seems to have led to a bout of food poisoning.  I haven't been able to eat much for the past two days and going to the gym is out of the question.  I feel better today than yesterday, but that's not saying a whole lot.

No comments: