Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Busy but productive

I started work really early yesterday morning because I needed to leave a bit early for a visit to the chiropractor. The doc found my back and hips to be as bad as he's ever seen them. Normally, when things are going well, he'll do one or two adjustments. If things are falling apart, he'll do 3 different adjustments. Last night, for the first time ever, he did 4 different adjustments and suggested I come back every other week for a while right now.

After getting adjusted, I headed to the gym for an upper body workout. It was nothing special, and I continue to be a bit frustrated at how slowly progress is coming on the bench press. But, my lifting is better than my running or riding recently, so I'll take what I've got.

After the gym, I spent 90 minutes fighting my overgrown lawn with a push mower and it was way harder than my gym workout. After that, I finally had time to cook some dinner and try to watch some hockey.

For dinner last night, I made a Thai-style chicken soup with red curry paste, chicken stock, chicken, veggies (including lemon grass) and coconut milk. At the table, we added cilantro, bean sprouts and for the brave, Sriracha sauce. It was a very tasty and fully "primal" dish.

Regretfully, after dinner, I had a little bit of work to do, but I was able to do that and watch hockey at the same time. But, long before the Sharks game ended (I had seen enough - actually too much already), I was asleep to start it all over again today.

Right now, I need a nap.

No comments: