Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Increasing the miles

My basic plan for February is 50 mile weeks with a pair of 25 mile days. The past few weeks, I've been at 40 miles, so this week, I'm shooting for 45. Sooner or later, I'll find myself tired and I'll need a cutback week, but I don't think I'm there yet.

My run last night felt great, especially given that I lifted in the morning. This morning's run went well also. I may get to run outside for an hour this afternoon before I have two town meetings.

My weight dropped a bit again - not much really, but the lowest I've seen it recently, in a fully hydrated state. Weighing yourself right at the end of a long run can provide useful information about hydration, but it's not a real weight.

It looks like we're going to get hit by two ugly storms this week, with mixed precip tomorrow and Friday. If the ski area gets hit hard with ice or rain, crowds could be low this weekend. With most of New England consisting of Giants' fans and Patriots' fans, a lot of people might stay home to watch the game. But, I'll be skiing as long as the lifts are turning.

No comments: