Thursday, July 5, 2012

Two more weeks of my life seem to have vanished

I last posted here while the WS100 was being run.  I worked all weekend that weekend.  I'm short-staffed at work, interviewing potential new hires, and trying to stay on top of things.  And, trying to exercise.  I seem to be doing something right.

In June, I went to CrossFit 15 times.  That's the most CF workouts I've done in a month, since I started about 20 months ago.  I wish I could say that it get's easier, but no matter how fit you get, the workouts are still hard.

This past Sunday, I finally had a day with no work requirements.  I slept in.  Went to lunch with my wife.  Took a nap.  Went fly fishing with my son and caught three rainbow trout.  Cooked dinner on the grill.  Went to be early.

Then, two days of work and CrossFit, and I had another day off yesterday.  I didn't sleep in yesterday.  I went for a bike ride.  Mowed the lawn.  Did a few other things around the house.  Cooked.  Somehow the significant thunderstorms that hit Vermont managed to completely miss us last night, so I was able to cook dinner on the grill.  It was way too hot to use the oven for anything.

Today, I'm back at work.  I'll go back to CF.  I've got a phone interview with a potential new employee in a few minutes.  And, before I know it, another 2 weeks, or 2 months, or 2 years might have vanished.

No comments: